“It’s more than an animal, a cow, a heifer, or a steer. It’s hard work, but it’s what we love. It’s our life.”
For more than a half-century, 84 Auction Sales, Inc. has been committed to serving the cattle and livestock needs of regional farmers. The Kearns family, as farmers themselves, understands what both buyers and sellers desire. Our family strives to advance the agriculture community in the tri-state area by focusing on cleanliness, speed and service.
We recognize that no one wants to conduct business in a messy or disorganized environment. These factors leave room for error. We believe in maintaining a clean stockyard to keep our animals and customers healthy and happy.
A farmer’s time is very limited. Again, being farmers, we readily understand time constraints. We also understand that the longer the auction drags on, the greater the chances for livestock to become dehydrated and have lower weights. This is why we take the utmost measures to ensure our customers are in and out in a timely manner.
“Treat others the way you want to be treated.” Our family has long advocated the Golden Rule and tries to carry this into our business as well. We’ve been on both sides of the fence and want our customers to leave satisfied and ready to return when a need arises.
Code of Marketing Standards and Principles
As a member of the Livestock Marketing Association, we pledge to uphold the following marketing standards and principles. We pledge to:
- Maintain the highest standards of honesty and integrity in all transactions.
- Strive for the complete satisfaction of our customers.
- Provide true and accurate weights.
- Accurately describe and represent all animals.
- Maintain a sound financial basis by assuring that full payment is made to the sellers and received from buyers, in accordance with the terms of the transaction.
- Provide adequate, humane and serviceable facilities.
- Maintain the highest standards of livestock health and disease prevention.
- Comply with federal and state livestock marketing laws.
- Uphold the principle of complete freedom of choice for buyers and sellers in selecting the manner, method and means of buying and selling livestock.
- Promote the principle of free and open competition throughout the livestock marketing industry.